MAKE A BOOKING
WHAT IS IT?
The 10 day program sees groups of up to 24 young people, accompanied by two clydesdale horses, walk away from electricity and modern comforts, through the Victorian High Country and into the 400acre pioneer style property, that is Mittagundi. They spend time working together on the farm, fencing, growing food, milking cows, working with wood, steel and wool. Then embark on adventures rafting the Mitta Mitta River and abseiling off a local cliff face before walking back through the mountains and returning to civilisation.
The atmosphere at Mittagundi is simple, honest and happy. There are no watches, no timetables and no money. Instead there is an opportunity for young people to live and work together with others in an environment where people matter more than anything else.
2018 PROGRAM DATES - $480 pp
- GIRLS #455 March 2nd - 11th 2018 (Labour Day long weekend)
- BOYS #456 March 16th - 25th 2018
- GIRLS #457 March 30th - April 8th 2018 (Easter / Vic School Holidays)
- BOYS #458 April 13th - April 22nd 2018 (End Vic School Holidays). FILLING FAST.
- (No more positions available for Radford College on #458 - all full)
- GIRLS #459 April 27th - May 6th 2018
- MIXED #460 May 11th - 20th 2018 - FULL. Waiting list only.
SPRING / SUMMER
- GIRLS #461 Friday 21st September - Sunday 30th September (Vic School Holidays)
- BOYS #462 Friday 12th October - Sunday 21st October
- GIRLS #463 Friday 2nd November - Sunday 11th November (Cup Weekend Victoria)
- BOYS #464 Friday 16th November - Sunday 25th November
- MIXED #465 Friday 30th November - Sunday 9th December
WHAT HAPPENS IN 10 DAYS?
Here's an overview of our Autumn programs.
Spring / Summer hike-in is slightly different due to the snow melting patterns.
Day 1 Meet at Albury station, night at Tawonga Hut
Day 2 Begin walk to Mittagundi from Watchbed creek near Falls Creek, overnight camp in tents
Day 3 Continue walk, arrive at Mittagundi mid afternoon
Day 4 Half the group abseils, other half has a farm day
Day 5 Vice versa day 4
Day 6 Half the group rafts/sleds on the Mitta Mitta River - depending on river levels
Day 7 Vice versa day 6
Day 8 Commence walk out, over High Plains
Day 9 Continue walk out over High Plains
Day 10 Complete walk out, arrive tired and elated at Albury station
WHO CAN GO?
Courses are made up of young people aged 14-17 from a wide variety of schools and backgrounds. It doesn’t matter if you don’t know anyone else when you arrive, in fact it can be better this way, as you are free to be whoever you want to be! You don't need to be super fit either or have any experience with camping or farm life. It's all about giving it a go..
Mittagundi encourage only 6 students from the 1 school on any one program.
If you've already been on a 10 day program - check out our Follow Up Programs. You're only allowed to go on one 10 day program, but you can go on as many follow ups as you like!
GOT A LARGE GROUP?
If you are a community group working with young people and interested in booking out an entire group please contact the Bookings and Communications Manager.
Click on the button to the right to send an enquiry about making a group booking.