MAKE A BOOKING
WHAT IS IT?
The 10day program sees groups of up to 22 young people, accompanied by two clydesdale horses, walk away from electricity and modern comforts, through the Victorian High Country and into the 400acre pioneer style property, that is Mittagundi. They spend time working together on the farm, fencing, growing food, milking cows, working with wood, steel and wool. Then embark on adventures rafting the Mitta Mitta River and abseiling off a local cliff face before walking back through the mountains and returning to civilisation.
The atmosphere at Mittagundi is simple, honest and happy. There are no watches, no timetables and no money. Instead there is an opportunity for young people to live and work together with others in an environment where people matter more than anything else.
2017 PROGRAM DATES - $450pp
- Mixed 444 March 3rd - 12th 2017 - COMPLETE
- Girls 445 March 17th - 26th 2017 - CLOSED
- Boys 446 March 31st - April 9th 2017 - FULL (wait list only)
- Girls 447 April 14th - 23rd 2017 - NEARLY FULL
- Boys 448 April 28th - May 7th 2017 - OPEN
- Mixed 449 May 12th - 21st 2017 - OPEN
- OPEN WINTER PROGRAM July 3rd-9th 2017 - OPEN (this is a 7 day x-country ski program) - FULL (wait list only)
- Mixed 450 September 15th - 24th 2017 - OPEN
- Girls 451 October 6th - 15th 2017 - OPEN
- Mixed 452 October 27th - November 5th 2017 - FILLING FAST
- Mixed 453 November 10th - 19th 2017 - OPEN
- Boys 454 November 24th - December 3rd 2017 - OPEN
WHAT HAPPENS IN 10 DAYS?
Here's an overview.
Day 1 Meet at Albury station, night at Tawonga Hut
Day 2 Begin walk to Mittagundi from Watchbed creek near Falls Creek, overnight camp in tents
Day 3 Continue walk, arrive at Mittagundi mid afternoon
Day 4 Half the group abseils, other half has a farm day
Day 5 Vice versa day 4
Day 6 Half the group rafts/sleds on the Mitta Mitta River - depending on river levels
Day 7 Vice versa day 6
Day 8 Commence walk out, over High Plains
Day 9 Continue walk out over High Plains
Day 10 Complete walk out, arrive tired and elated at Albury station
WHO CAN GO?
Courses are made up of young people aged 14-17 from a wide variety of schools and backgrounds. It doesn’t matter if you don’t know anyone else when you arrive, in fact it can be better this way, as you are free to be whoever you want to be! You don't need to be super fit either or have any experience with camping or farm life. It's all about giving it a go..
Mittagundi encourage only 6 students from the 1 school on any one program.
If you've already been on a 10 day program - check out our Follow Up Programs. You're only allowed to go on one 10 day program, but you can go on as many follow ups as you like!
GOT A LARGE GROUP?
If you are a community group working with young people and interested in booking out an entire group please contact the Bookings and Communications Manager.
Click on the button to the right to send an enquiry about making a group booking.